Indirect Federal Student Aid Grants

November 23rd, 2022 by admin Leave a reply »

Federal Student Aid allocates grants to students in need, but the office sometimes does this in connection with other institutions. These institutions are usually post secondary educational institutions that need to be contacted to be able to apply for these grant schemes. However, prospective applicants should note that not all schools participate in these programs, so it should be checked whether there is an agreement between Federal Student Aid and the applicant’s school before making an application as will be noted down as well, to be eligible for the grant schemes. Some grants, on the other hand, are not allocated by schools but states. In this case, students should abide by their states’ regulations for application.

The first category of grants given in connection to Federal Student Aid is the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants. These grants are also awarded to students with “exceptional” financial need. Schools that are in collaboration with this office are in the awarding process, so to be able to be awarded this grant, the college you are attending must have signed an agreement with Federal Student Aid. Otherwise, you will have to look for other grants.

The two other grants available for those interested in Federal Student Aid grants are Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (LEAP) Grants and Special Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (SLEAP) Grants. What makes these two final grant categories special is that they are not given out directly by Federal Student Aid, in a similar way with Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG). However, these grants, unlike Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, are not dealt out by the schools, but are allocated by the states. Federal Student Aid channels some of its financial resources to states to be used for the funding of students. These students need to be financially in need to be eligible for either Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (LEAP) Grants or Special Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (SLEAP) Grants.


Comments are closed.